Monday, December 19, 2011

day 19.....and so my real journey begins

  My name is Lesley and I am 46 years old/young and the mother of 3 children (Katie-24, Alex-22, and Samatha-14.I live in the valley of California
 
  On my mother's 76 birthday this year (Nov 30) I was officially diagnosed with Aspergillus (it was known as Farmers lung way back when). I was kinda relieved that they had finally found out why I was so tired and short of breath, now maybe I could be on my road to recovery? Or so I thought. This disease has very little known about it and has shown very little mercy on those inflicted with it.It is very similar to what TB is like without being contagious though.

  Today I get to go to see a doctor of infectious diseases because my 'normal doctors' really didn't know what to do with me. They diagnosed it and put me on medication over he phone and have not seen or talked to me since.

  My hope is to help others or their families understand this disease. Everything on the web is scary crap and no real understanding of the disease. I have no idea if there are 'stages' to this disease or what my chances are to kick it's ass back to wherever it came from.

   I have 'tried' to put up a strong front as always,but have had a few nights contemplating the 'what if' scenario. Will I be able to see my 2 daughters get married? Will I see the birth of my not even thought of grandchildren? I guess that will all be answered in the next few months, or even today. What if I die? That's is when my other side says 'knock it off!' and I  go put on my big girl panties and pick myself up and I march on and read more and more information on Fungus and how to kick its butt, from the inside out.

  I am leaving now to go to the infectious doctor...........

No comments:

Post a Comment