Monday, December 19, 2011

day 19.....hmmm back to square one?

     Well had the appointment with infectious disease doctor, who isn't convinced I have Aspergillus, let alone all 3 strains.His words were 'If you had all 3 strains you would be dead by now, or you are truly one in about a million to make it this far' So I am happy he took me off said liver damaging medication, but am still at a loss to what we are now up against since 3 different labs confirmed, I in fact DO have aspergillus. Who am I suppose to believe now? He ordered about 7 or 8 blood tests and said he needed to thoroughly devour my chart over the next 2 weeks and order hard copies of my x-rays and chest Ct to look at with his own eyes. He said 'I am a very simple guy and will be very up front with you, I am VERY concerned about these nodules in your lungs they speak of.'

  I then went directly to lab and got the new labs done and ordered copies of all my labwork and x-rays and CT for him and will take to him on Wednesday. My concern is, I know you can have false positive tests but 3 of them? I received great news today from endocrinologist that the 2 thyroid nodules they biopsied were benign....yay!!! One baby step forward.

   I am now awaiting Ob-Gyn call to go over those findings,we have been playing phone tag today.

No comments:

Post a Comment